Ready to Make a Difference? Join Us in the Fight for Media Freedom!
Are you passionate about journalism, media freedom, and human rights? Do you thrive in a dynamic, international environment? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
This internship is a part of a project funded by the National Endowment for Democracy (NED). It includes an active involvement in the activities of the Journalists-in-Residence Programme, as well as regular cooperation with the communications team.
- Assisting the Journalists-in-Residence programme manager
- Help organising language courses and professional workshops for the journalists-in-residence
- Contribution to the production of interviews and feature articles on media freedom violations
- Contribution to other communications tasks
- You are interested in journalism, media freedom and human rights
- You are studying in a field such as journalism, human rights studies, political sciences or European studies, law, communications and media studies, or history
- You are fluent in English and have a working knowledge of German. Other languages including Russian and Turkish are an advantage
- You are a creative writer and have keen language skills
- You are well-organised, curious, a fast learner and proactive team player
- You can show appropriate sensitivity and consideration while working with potentially traumatised people.
- You are currently:
- a) enrolled at a German University or University of Applied Sciences,
- b) are in between your Bachelor and/or Master studies
- During the internship you are based in Leipzig
What we offer:
- A chance to be a part of an international team that stands up for media freedom every day
- An insight and active involvement in the different working fields of ECPMF, including protection, advocacy and communications
- Hands-on experience in a small, dynamic NGO operating across Europe