From 9-11 December 2022, ECPMF will host RE:Cover, a conference focusing on every aspect of war reporting in Ukraine.
Russia’s full-scale invasion has a lot of implications for journalism. Ukrainian media professionals face an imminent threat of physical danger, cover the war at the forefront, and reshape the industry for the years ahead.
Overcoming the hardship has led to a powerful shift and only strengthened promoting the values of free media. The RE:Cover Conference will take place in Bratislava, Slovakia, on 9 to 11 December and will focus on:
- Documenting war crimes and protecting human rights
- Being on the cutting edge of news and covering sensitive topics
- Providing physical security and psychological assistance to journalists
- Countering propaganda and getting a big picture
- Addressing ethical challenges and revising standards, etc.
The keynote speech will be delivered by Andrii Kurkov, writer and chair of Ukrainian PEN. At the conference, professionals will have the opportunity to convene to engage in dialogue on how Russia’s war against Ukraine changes journalism.
The event will be held in Ukrainian and English with simultaneous interpretation.
- For the Ukrainian journalists: the organisers will cover all expenses for travel and accommodation.
- For journalists from other countries: participation is free. You have to organise travel yourself, but we offer a conference package for €200. It covers accommodation and catering. We also offer a solidarity package for €300 in which €100 will go to the Ukrainian journalists’ fund.
For more details please contact Henrik Kaufholz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The conference is organised by the European Centre for Press and Media Freedom based in Leipzig, former coordinators of the project Scoop, and the Regional Press Development Institute.
You can register for the event using the button below.