ECPMF is a non-profit organisation that promotes, preserves, and defends media freedom and professional journalism in Europe. We do this by monitoring violations, providing practical support, and engaging diverse stakeholders across Europe.
Together with five partner organisations, ECPMF will conduct the fourth term of the Media Freedom Rapid Response (MFRR). The MFRR supports journalists under threat in the EU and candidate countries and advocates for improving media freedom in Europe. The project starts at 1 November 2023 and has a duration of two years.
ECPMF leads and coordinates the MFRR. To this end, we are seek a capable candidate to coordinate the activities of the consortium on a daily basis, integrate, and profile the mechanism and drive its overall improvement.
- Coordinate the MFRR activities of the consortium in all fields of action
- Control the delivery of outputs and outcomes according to the contract with the European Commission
- Lead and support the steering committee that decides on strategic issues and activities of major importance
- Adjust and improve the internal communication with all partners to ensure the smooth performance of the consortium
- Collaborate with IT to ensure full safety and security of communication
- Coordinate and contribute to reporting on the MFRR, applying for the next MFRR term and evaluating the project
- Conceptualise and drive the permanent improvement of the MFRR mechanism
- Represent the project within the alliance and to stakeholders outside
- You will report directly to the management
What we expect
- A university degree in economics, international relations, social science, development or any other field related to the areas of work
- You have experience with project coordination and management, managing personnel, quick decision making, and networking
- You have at least three years’ experience working in the EU, in the field of project co-ordination
- Extraordinary communication skills and social intelligence
- Knowledge of working for an NGO
- Strong affiliation to the topics of press and media freedom
- You are fluent in English, spoken and written. Other languages (German, Spanish, French) are welcome
- You are a flexible, ambitious person with a high sense of responsibility
What you get
- Your salary will be oriented on the German public collective agreement (TV-L 12/1), which is 3780 EUR employee gross
- Contract for two years with option for extension
- Possibility to travel to coordinate and supervise activities
- An office in Leipzig, Germany and a strong and highly motivated team
- A mission worth fighting for
How to apply
Send your CV and a letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
31 August 2023
Presumed starting date
1 November 2023