Length of internship: 3 months, full-time (40h/week)
Allowance: 400 Euro
Start: 5 of January 2023
This internship is a part of a project funded by the National Endowment for Democracy (NED). It includes an active involvement in the activities of the Journalists-in-Residence Programme, as well as regular cooperation with the advocacy officer and communications team.
- Assisting the Journalists-in-Residence programme manager
- Help organising language courses and professional workshops for the journalists-in-residence
- Contribution to the production of interviews and feature articles on media freedom violations
- Contribution to other advocacy and communications tasks
- You are interested in journalism, media freedom and human rights
- You are studying in a field such as journalism, human rights studies, political sciences or European studies, law, communications and media studies, or history
- You are fluent in English and have a working knowledge of German. Other languages including Russian and Turkish are an advantage
- You are a creative writer and have keen language skills
- You are well-organised, curious, a fast learner and proactive team player
- You can show appropriate sensitivity and consideration while working with potentially traumatised people.
- You are currently:
- a) enrolled at a German University or University of Applied Sciences,
- b) are in between your Bachelor and Master studies
- During the internship you are based in Leipzig
What we offer:
- A chance to be a part of an international team that stands up for media freedom every day
- An insight and active involvement in the different working fields of ECPMF, including protection, advocacy and communications
- Hands-on experience in a small, dynamic NGO operating across Europe
Great! We’re looking forward to your application. Please send us your cover letter and resume by 23h59 CEST 4th of December and tell us why we should choose you, via firstname.lastname@example.org Please put Internship Policy and Programmes in the email subject.