Prishtina, Kosovo (11 April 2022) — The European Centre for Press and Media Freedom (ECPMF) has opened the call for applications from Ukraine for the Journalists-in-Residence Kosovo (JiR Kosovo) Programme.
The JiR Kosovo Programme is financed by the Government of Republic of Kosovo and enables 20 individual Ukrainian journalists and media workers to relocate to Kosovo for a period of up to six months with the possibility of extension depending on the developments in Ukraine. Journalists arriving in Kosovo will have the status of internationally protected individuals.
To be eligible, journalists and media workers must have lived in Ukraine in 2022, hold a valid Ukrainian passport, have been working as professional journalists for at least three years, and speak at least basic English.
Successful candidates are provided with 1,000 euro for relocation, a monthly stipend of 500 euro, and 300 euro for rent. They will have access to an office space, to health insurance, and to language and integration courses. Upon request, the candidates will have access to psychological support.
To apply, please send the following documents to email@example.com:
- Application form and questionnaire (to be downloaded here)
- Copy of passport
- Reference letter from the National Union of Journalists of Ukraine (NUJU) or the Independent Media Trade Union of Ukraine (IMTUU)
- European Centre for Press and Media Freedom (ECPMF)
- European Federation of Journalists (EFJ)
- Association of Journalists of Kosovo (AJK)
- National Union of Journalists of Ukraine (NUJU)
- Independent Media Trade Union of Ukraine (IMTUU)